Northampton Mould Removal Expert

Servicing Buildings & Homes in Northamptonshire | To solve your condensation and mould problems call XXX

Using Target Mould Removal means you are working with the top remediation and inspection specialists in Northamptonshire. Whether you need remediation or inspection, our local contractors are ready and waiting. Simply call or fill out the form on this page!

We are able to provide 1-hour response time, 24 hours per day – 7 days a week.  Many of our satisfied Northampton clients are now enjoying a safe and clean environment in their business or home, thanks to us.

Our website and business exist to provide the residents of the County of Northampton with accurate information regarding mould removal, inspection and services. If you don’t find what you are looking for, just give us a call. It’s our pleasure to provide a no-obligation consultation over the phone. Call us now at xxx

There are different toxic levels and various types of mould from the highly dangerous to the less harmless ones that can be found in The Rose of the Shires and there are vital steps that have to be undertaken to establish the type of fungus on your property.

  1. Examination of the infestation.
  2. Evaluation of the damage that has been caused.
  3. Eradication of the infestation (along with remediation processes)

The town of Northampton is historically known for its leather and shoe industry and is an important market and retail centre serving north Buckinghamshire and Northamptonshire. One would think that with such a thriving industry there would not be issues with this type of fungus.

Our Northampton mould remediation experts are just a phone call away. Call xxx

Contact Northampton Mould Specialist

Health Risks of spores

The releasing of spores in the air presents a health hazard to humans which causes respiratory problems (especially among those who are asthmatic) and allergic reactions. Irritations in the eyes is another common problem. Severe neurological problems can occur due to untreated and prolonged exposure due to the fact that some fungi produce mycotoxins. Mycotoxins are toxic compounds that are naturally produced by certain types of fungi.

If you or your family members are experiencing chronic coughing, itchy watery eyes, migraines or headaches, fatigue, nasal blockages, sinus problems, frequent sneezing or difficulty breathing then it could be a symptom of mould allergy.

What is Mould?

This is a type of fungus that develops from airborne spores. It usually grows in warm damp humid conditions with inadequate airflows, such as household kitchens, lofts, bathrooms. Plumbing leaks on the outside and inside of a property can also contribute to infestations on building walls. The build-up of moisture behind the walls can also be caused by badly insulated heating pipes.

Black Mould & Mildew in Northampton

Mildew is the common name for black mould on walls, which can be identified by spots that eventually spread over larger areas if it is left untreated.

This is a common household problem and the name given to a specific type of toxic fungus, ‘Stachybotrys chartarum’.  The main cause of this is moisture or leaks in the atmosphere or poor ventilation.

New and old buildings in Northampton, are potentially at risk from Stachybotrys chartarum and it can appear in any part of the building where there is a damp/moist stagnant atmospheric condition.

Health hazards of Black Mould

We are not medical doctors, therefore, the only advice we can give to you is advice that is generally recognised by certain online medical and health website and other industrial bodies.

The general consensus is that ingesting or inhaling Stachybotrys chartarum spores (mycotoxins) has been associated with ill health in animals and humans alike, especially among the elderly and the young, and those with respiratory ailments such as asthma.

Some of the long term health effects caused by direct contact with Stachybotrys chartarum are:

  • Skin rashes and inflammation.
  • Respiratory and circulatory and problems
  • Bloodshot or red eyes
  • Eye soreness and inflammation
  • Tiredness/fatigue

 Looking for mould remediation in Northampton? Contact us today by calling xxx

What causes black mould Northampton?

Stachybotrys chartarum in your Northampton home is usually caused by excessive moisture which is caused by condensation combined with inadequate air ventilation. Damp is also an issue especially rising damp and penetrating damp, but the main common cause of this infestation is simply due to the way we now live within our homes.

Cooking and showering in our home produces large quantities of water vapour and when this comes into contact with a cold surface, it will eventually condense leaving beads of water. If this bead of water comes into contact with organic materials such as wallpaper, or wall paint, then the area will begin to feel damp over time and eventually fester. This is the perfect environment for the growth of this fungus.  If the spores are floating in the house or in the air they may eventually land on the damp surface, and begin the germination process.

Due to the fact that we try to keep our windows and doors shut, this prevents dry, clean air from circulating throughout the building, which causes the water vapour to be trapped inside, which causes the stale, damp, stagnant atmosphere for this fungus to thrive in.

According to the Northampton Chronicle and Echo Cabinet members on the Northampton Borough Council approved plans to impose fines of up to £30,000 per offence for a variety of misdemeanours committed by landlords and managing agents. If the council is this strict then you should also be concerning your own property.

Northampton black mould removal specialist is just a phone call away. Call us today at xxx

Stachybotrys chartarum is also known to have a harmful impact on your animals' health.

Mould Removal Northamptonshire

The removal should only be done by trained professionals as exposure to the spores can be harmful to your health.

Some of the methods that have been used to remove these fungi are:

Vacuum - Wet vacuum cleaners have been used to remove the fungus from carpets, floors, and other hard surfaces.  This process is used with caution as there is the possibility for the spores to be exhausted into other rooms, and is only used if the fungus is sufficiently wet.

Blasting with Dry Ice – Most homeowners in Northampton have never heard of dry ice blasting which is best suited for wood or cement surfaces

This uses dry ice that is accelerated in a pressurized air stream to impact the surface. The dry ice creates mini-explosions on the wood or cement surface to lift the fungi from the affected areas. Dry ice is non-toxic, safe and does not leave any secondary waste or toxic chemicals.

Soda Blasting - This is a popular and effective method, particularly as it does not cause a  lot of damage to the surface being treated. It does produce a significant amount of very fine dust and leaves a great deal of waste that has to be recovered and removed from the premises.

Damp wipe - this type of Northamptonshire mould treatment involves the scrubbing or wiping of the fungus from non-porous surfaces using astringents. Fungicides are then applied to prevent the regrowth of the fungus.

Tired of living with smelly and ugly mould colonies in your home?  Are you concerned about your health or the health of your loved ones? This may be the time to consider contacting your professional Northamptonshire mould experts.

We can help you find affordable solutions in Northampton at a price to suit your budget. Contact your Northampton Mould Removal experts today and say goodbye to hazardous colonies in your home by calling xxx

Northampton Mould Specialist - FAQ

Your Northamptonshire mould control questions answered

Do I need a mould removal expert?

The fungus inside of your home can cause many problems. In addition to growing quickly and being unsightly, the fungus can cause health issues such as respiratory illnesses. Our removal experts can ensure that the fungus is cleaned properly and is gone from the home.

How long does the process take?

This will depend on how large the infestation is your building, but our experts will be able to give you an estimated time of completion.

Can mould cause health problems?

Yes. Most commonly, people who already have trouble breathing and those who have compromised immune systems are most susceptible to the presence of the fungus in their home or office. Infants, children, and the elderly are also at risk

What are some signs I may have hidden mould?

A musty odour that cannot be eliminated is a telltale sign. You may also have a problem if you suffer from allergies on a regular basis or have breathing difficulties that do not respond well to conventional treatment.