Greenwich Mould Remediation
Looking For Mould Removal in Greenwich? Mould Removal and Remediation are just a phone call away. Call XXX
It’s not always obvious to detect the presence of mould as it may exist behind walls, under sinks, in roof spaces for a period of time causing your family respiratory ailments and only become noticeable when the spores eventually penetrate the surface and/or cause discolouring.
The growth of this fungus can be the beginning of long term structure decay in your home. It is very important to act quickly once you notice the fungus as the spores can eventually damage the furniture.
Mould is a constant problem in many Greenwich homes and buildings especially when it is hot and humid.
The presence of the fungi in your home is a sign that you have a real problem. It’s relatively simple to fix a poorly ventilated room or the fungi may indicate that there is a water leak in your building.
Either way, you need our professional mould removal Greenwich services. We provide inspection, removal, testing, and prevention services throughout Greenwich and the surrounding areas.
Greenwich Mould Removal - Protect your family and your family home by calling XXX NOW
Health Implications of Mould in Greenwich
As soon as the fungus lands on a wet or damp spot it will begin to grow. Black mould (stachybotrys chartarum) is known to grow on water-damaged materials such as insulation, wall lining, wood and ceiling tiles. The toxins that it produces has been known to cause serious health-related issues. Some of the symptoms associated with this are:
- sore throats
- allergies and
- suppression of the immune system
It is particularly harmful to those that have been diagnosed with respiratory problems such as emphysema and asthma.
Mould Removal Plan of Action
- Visit your site
- Our tech will produce a report with the best recommendations for eradication
- Supply a quotation
- Proceed with the treatment process
- Ensure that the spores are contained and that there is no cross-contamination
- Household members (top priority) are safe
- Finish in a timely manner and on budget
Causes of Mould
If you have mould it’s because there’s a moisture problem. Some of the causes are:
- Leaking pipes
- Leaking roofs
- Poor ventilation
- Rising damp
- Penetrating damp
- Construction or design defect
Contact Target Mould Removal today as our contractors are waiting on your call. Call XXX
Condensation in Greenwich UK
When air is cooled by coming into contact with a cold surface (windows, walls), condensation occurs and turns into water droplets. Condensation is one of the leading causes of stachybotrys chartarum) on clothes, furniture, walls, and curtains.
Greenwich is known for its maritime history especially for giving its name to the Greenwich Mean Time and Greenwich Meridian (0° longitude). Every Greenwich home eventually gets condensation at some time and this usually occurs when lots of moisture and steam are produced (cooking or taking hot showers).
Other types of damp
If you're not sure what is the cause of damp in your Greenwich home, then check under sinks, overflows and pipes to see if they are leaking. Check to see if gutters or rainwater pipes are cracked.
How to prevent condensation and mould in Greenwich
- Increase the heat
- Condensation will be reduced if you keep your home warm majority of the time.
- Heating tips
- Check heating system regularly
- During cold weather try to leave the heat on during the day.
- You may be able to get Financial support may be available to help pay for heating your home. The Royal Borough of Greenwich’s Stay Warm Stay Safe scheme is a good place to start to see if you qualify for help with your heating costs.
- Open windows a little in winter to allow space for air. if you fit draught strips
- Leave trickle vent open to allow airflow if there is one installed
- Ensure that chimneys or air vents are not blocked up
- Try to not overfill wardrobes and cupboards.
- Try to leave enough space for air circulation between furniture and walls.
- Reduce moisture levels
Moisture reduction tips
- Before running hot water, it’s best to put at least an inch of cold water in your bath to reduce steam.
- Wipe off moisture as soon as possible as it forms on mirrors and windows
- Keep bathroom doors shut when bathing.
- Keep kitchen doors shut when cooking
- Keep the laundry room shut when drying laundry using a tumble dryer and make sure the dryer ventilation goes outside.
The fungus loves moisture and if left untreated it will quickly cover your fabrics, bathrooms, ceilings, window frames, walls, and even your air conditioning units.
Minimal Interruption To Your Home
Our standard treatment has minimal disruption to your life. During the treatment process, we will only require your property to be vacant during the treatment and about 3 to 4 hours afterwards.
Your Home Or Property Will Be Thoroughly Treated:
Our mould-removal process eliminates 99.998% of all spores and odours related to the fungus. We use a two-part process to eliminate the fungus.
Was your Greenwich house flooded?
Mould is usually the largest problem when your house has been flooded in Greenwich. The fungus can create a huge amount of damage if it is not treated in a timely manner. It has a fast rate of growth when moisture is present and can cause your home to need renovation, which can be expensive.